The blend for today has a cross section of news and views – tis the season for diversity! I’m spending the day wrestling with a Christmas tree, yes, I do mean wrestle. As I break out thousands of tree decorations and assorted Christmas decor for around the house, I want to share a some interesting bites of news that has come to my attention.
Please nominate me for the multitasking gold star, thanks!
- Congratulations to Snapseed and Instagram for garnering Apple’s Itunes Rewind – Best of 2011 award. iPhone App of the year went to Instagram and the iPad App of the Year went to Snapseed. Both are tremendous applications for your iPhone or iPad.
- Mashable reports Amazon is set to release a Kindle Fire update in two weeks. The article goes heavy into the perceived negatives of Kindle Fire; I’ve yet to encounter any of the problems detailed on this page. Recently, I purchased an App that revolutionized my perception of the Kindle Fire’s primary use. Using Splashtop Streamer, the user is able to access and control their desktop computer through the Kindle Fire. It is no longer an entertainment device, I now can work from the Kindle Fire – if I so choose to do so. You need to invest in this device.
- Jimmie Bise lays out the serious harm of banning incandescent light bulbs. Repealing this act of stupidity would be a great Day 1 activity for our new President come 2013.
- Marathon Pundit is somewhere in Las Vegas. Should I anticipate a photo story of your adventures in Vegas?
- Da Tech Guy asks ‘Is conservative media worth as much as the occupods?’ There is such a talent pool that is vastly underfunded on the right.
- American Power notes Mitt Romney found out the hard way he’s not a shoo-in for the GOP Presidential Candidate.
- Marooned in Marin - Mock We Much! SNL flames Al Sharpton – I don’t care what your political stripe may be, this is a damn funny clip.
- Drudge is being such a tease today – Kagan Recuses…herself from Arizona Immigration Case.
- Looking to improve your lifestyle? Surf on over to PJ Lifestyle and find your nirvana!
- Tim Tebow – God’s Quartback? As an Eagles fan, I have to give props to Tim for his spectacular wins. Also I’d like to take the opportunity to note that I am not Tim Tebow’s girlfriend, okay.