Thank you, Marooned in Marin, for considering my internet footprint as influential. It is my hope that readers find value in my work and recognition from my peers is always appreciated.
The internet is composed of tiny sparks of awesome and I relish the chance to highlight those who make the internet better for all. Yes, I am a bit chuffed to be considered part of this community and hope my work will continue to evolve and improve over time.
Along with this award, I am required to fullful a few rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog – check
2. Link back to the person who nominated you – check
3. Answer questions decided up by your nominator – check
4. Nominate ( no limit of nominations ) other bloggers for this award and link back to them – check
5. Notify those bloggers of the award requirements – check
The questions and my answers in italics are as follows:
1. What shaped your current political philosophy?
Up until Sept 11th, 2001 I was basically apolitical with no defined political ideology. A few days after 9/11, I received an email from a casual acquaintance which opened my eyes to the bubbling malfesance of the political thought. I still have the email as a reminder of what must be countered with truth. From that moment, I chose to formulate my philosophy around evidenced-based truth which put me frequently at odds with hardcore leftists. In a nutshell, the quest for truth continually shapes my political outlook.
2. Do you see a resurgence of the Tea Party movement before the 2014 mid-term elections? Why or why not?
I have always been a fan of true grassroot movements and have been lucky document this national movement over the years. I see a resurgence of Americans fed up with the current state of affairs and will let their voices be by way of the ballot box come November.
3. What is the most unreported political story that is being ignored by the “mainstream” media?
I am a huge proponent of free speech regardless of political leanings. The targeting of several journalists by the DOJ along with the absolute silence in the MSM is a devastating blow to free speech for all of us. More chilling is CNN accepting alleged funding from our government and outside governments to promote or squash news stories. While funding stories is not a new concept – CNN does not disclose any funding sources when producing its content. If CNN is in this game then every other MSM outlet is as well. This non-disclosure erodes what little confidence I have in their product and I find I lean more heavily on online news aggregators and blogs for updates on current news. FYI – I do disclose this type of arrangement in blog posts as needed.
4. Who do you see as a rising conservative name to watch?
Hmmm..Mike Lee, Ted Cruz and me
5. What do you do like to do away from blogging/political activism?
Wait a sec..there is more to life than blogging? Seriously, life is a fascinating adventure and I enjoy writing of my passions and new discoveries on this blog. Here you can find running recaps, beer brewing tips, photography lessons, movie reviews and food worth eating. I’m sure I missed a thing or two but these are my predominate likes.
6. Which do you prefer: Beach or Mountains?
7. What is a quote you like to live by?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken – Oscar Wilde
Earlier I mentioned the internet is composed of bright sparks. Here are a just a few of the exceptional sparks that I have been fortunate to meet and befriend.
The Sundries Shack - Jimmie is one of the most social media savvy guy I’ve met. Our Friday night social media Google + hangouts are fabulous and informative . His writing style is engaging, informative and downright fun to read.
Masterpiece - Beth is just one awesome chick! She is a teller of tales in pursuit of living in joy. This is one courageous woman that I am happy to have met at Blissdom 2012.
Alli Worthington - One of the organizers of Blissdom Conference and a blogging/social media/life guru. I’m serious – she is the cheerleading coach we all need in our lives.
Sheri Ohler - A talented artist, chef, and writer. I own a necklace designed by Sheri and receive compliments every time I wear it. I’m hoping to collaborate with her in creating a logo for my new blog site.
Creative Kristi - She is a dynamic woman and outstanding blog designer. Ahem, I have a blog that needs a design…
My questions to this group:
1. What is your favorite cliche?
2. What poem do you know by heart?
3. What is the first CD you bought?
4. What book changed your outlook on life?
5. What is your all time favorite movie?
6. Share a happy memory.