V-Day Gifts for Photographers
V-Day is quickly approaching and there are still some bitter clingers out there who continue to celebrate this manufactured event. Sigh. To be clear, I love the idea of celebrating love – just not the manufactured one day of the year with red roses and heart shaped boxes with stale chocolates type of scheme. I strongly believe love can and should be celebrated EVERY day of the year.
Okay, stepping off my soap box now.
For those still seeking the perfect V-Day gift, I urge you to step out of the artificial construct called traditional V-Day gifts and consider these ideas for that special photographer in your life. I’ve selected items that can be given at whatever stage your relationship is at the moment.
Gifts below the cut.
I have to disclose a few of my photos were used in this e-book however the information is solid and presented in an engaging manner.
2. Tack Sharp by James Brandon. Great resource for amateur and intermediate photographers looking to improve their consistency on capturing tack sharp photos.
3. What photographer doesn’t appreciate good Bokeh? The good people who run Digital Rev have coined and marketed ‘Bokehlicious’ t-shirts. This is definitely a gift every photographer would love.
4. When things are heating up in your relationship, this gift will most certainly increase the heat - Canon EOS M - Canon’s mirror less interchangeable lens camera. Be still, my beating heart..
5. An inexpensive, yet good quality lens that is always a welcome addition to a photographer’s kit.
6. If you have been fortunate enough to find ‘The One’ – then the only acceptable V-Day gift would be a Canon EOS 5D Mark III. I’d also add a 70-200 f2/8 L lens to really seal the deal.
So, this year ditch the grocery store red roses, the cardboard box chocolates and celebrate love all year round while taking beautiful photos – together