Check Out Bia – A GPS Sports Watch for Women
Always on the lookout for new fitness technology, I came across this Kickstarter project a few weeks ago. Two friends and athletes came up with a sports watch designed for women in training – much like myself.
This is watch you can use running, biking AND swimming. It includes a unique, or at least I’ve not seen this feature elsewhere, safety alert for peace of mind during solo workouts. This concept and technology interests me as I am now fully immersed in multi-sport training. Currently, I own two sport watches – one for running (Nike+) and one for cycling (Garmin 405cx).
Added features include:
- Safety alert for peace of mind on solo workouts
- Quick-connect GPS; no more time wasted “finding satellites”
- Data to your online training log; no more time wasted “sync’ing”
- iPod-like ease of use; just one button and a touchscreen
- Water resistance to 100M; full GPS tracking when you swim
In order for this product to market, they need to raise $400,000 dollars by July 13th. If they come in short, even by 1 dollar, you won’t be billed for your pledge, but we also won’t get any funding. As a backer, you will be the first to have Bia on your wrist.
About the name ‘Bia’ – Bia is the greek goddess of force and power; she is also Nike’s younger sister.
Want to back this project? Click HERE