Pennsylvania Primary Voter ID Information and a Few Endorsements
UPDATE: Welch concedes; Tom Smith is the presumptive winner of the Republican primary PA Senate Race
UPDATE: Calling the Democrat Attorney General Race for Kathleen Kane
UPDATE: An ousting of ‘blue dog’ democrats in PA? As good as it is for the nation that Altmire and Murphy to have lost, they (the moveon.org wing) served their purpose and were expendable commodities. The Lid takes a look at the alarming claiming of the Democrat party by unions. Question is when will the Democrat party be owned by Democrats?
Pennsylvania law now requires all voters to present a photo ID in order to cast a vote. Tuesday’s primary is a dress rehearsal for the November general election. You will be asked for an ID, but not barred from voting if you do not have one on your person.
WHAT TYPES OF PHOTO IDS ARE ACCEPTABLE IN NOVEMBER?
Acceptable PHOTO IDs include:
• A PA driver’s license: currently valid or expired less than 12 months.
• An ID issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT): currently valid or expired less than 12 months.
• A currently valid U.S. passport. Expired passports will not be accepted.
• An active duty or retired U.S. military ID, including an ID for members of the PA National Guard: an indefinite expiration date will be accepted.
• A currently valid military dependent’s ID. Expired IDs will not be accepted.
• A currently valid employee ID issued by federal, PA, PA county or PA municipal government. Expired IDs will not be accepted.
• A currently valid ID issued by a PA university, college, seminary, community college or two-year college to students, faculty, employees and alumni. Expired IDs will not be accepted.
• A currently valid ID issued by a PA care facility (such as a long-term care nursing facility, assisted living residence or a personal care home). Expired IDs will not be accepted.
I have few politicians to endorse in this primary and with no further ado, here are my endorsed candidates:
On the Republican side:
On the Democrat side:
Kathleen Kane – Attorney General – it was the following video that convinced me to endorse her: