Has The Worm Turned?

During a recent Sheepdog rally in West Chester, I spotted a sign held by Andrew Barrett, a CCPM supporter and West Chester University SDS organizer.

End Obama's War?

He is holding a sign stating ‘End Obama’s Wars’. This is an unusually bold display by a member of the Chester County peace Movement (CCPM). Their signs were sanitized after Obama’s election to display more generic anti-everything messages. Prior to the 2008 election, the signs had a more targeted message.

I’m surprised Andrew didn’t take the initiative to draw chalk outlines of bodies as he has done in the past his organization has done in the past.

What is the importance of this sign in the midst of a radical left wing peace group? What you are seeing is an SDS organizer coming out against Obama,  a good friend of Bill Ayers.  Ayers was the most influential leader of the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS).

Whoa, the student turning on its master. Is this a tectonic shift in the political stance of the CCPM and the SDS?

7 responses to “Has The Worm Turned?

1. Trevor Hilton

I think it’s a sign that EVERYBODY is PO’d at Obummer.
    But, I don’t believe “the enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

2. admin

Trevor, If this was any other group, I’d believe your words.

This particular group – the Chester County peace Movement (CCPM) are the most dedicated true believers of ‘The One’ and the Dem party that I’ve ever encountered. They could lose their jobs to illegal aliens, have their house repossessed,live on the streets, abandon all human morals; yet they continue to profess unyielding fealty to Obama and the Chester County Democrat party.

I’m not being overly dramatic at all. They are the bitterest of bitter clingers.

To see this sign in their midst is earth shattering. I’m sure Andrew will be taken to the wool shed shortly :)

3. Joel Farber

I think it shows that the only ones who may support Obama are those who cannot commit to a stance in other words moderates
    we all know everyone on the right stands against him and now we know those on the far left stand against him also but for different reasons
    We on the right do not want him to force more government down our throats and we want him to stay as far out of our lives as he can
    The left want him to take more control with larger government stripping us of our rights
    That said I have no doubt that no matter how they feel the far left will come out for him come the election

4. Joel Farber

BTW
    Happy New Year Tania
    and at the risk or offending any of our liberal friends G-d bless you

5. Andrew

Hey, Andrew from the photo here. Thanks for noticing my sign.

In point of fact, however, I did not participate in the chalk outline activity (though it was indeed the West Chester SDS). You may correct this if you wish.

Also, I don’t see why anyone would think that SDS had any love for the current administration. I humbly suggest that any interested parties look further into SDS’s stated positions. You might as well be informed.

• admin

Thanks for taking the time to read the post, Andrew.

Is this distancing at work, Andrew? As an organizing member of the SDS, that activity reflects on you. Although, I will concede the activity may be challenging for you to perform. Try as I might, I’ve yet to see any writing that decries the Obama administration. Also, may I ask about the antagonism the SDS harbors for the Sheepdogs?

The links provided in this post provide a detailed background on the history of the SDS. You might want to be informed.